Sorry for taking so long to update… Ha! Well… where should I begin? Sadly I don’t remember what exactly has happened …. Some of it I just choose to forget >.<; ( I got to go to a middle school and watch a English singing contest, it was entertaining at first,… but they kept repeating the SAME songs… I wanted to run but didn’t know where to run to.) So far I’ve seen a drunk guy on street and crazy lady yelling at me. I guess that is an adventure in its self. Dui bu dui? Which reminds me, Joy uses a lot of Taiwanese which gives me a headache, because I don’t understand a thing… it was making me really sad at first because A LOT of people speak Taiwanese and all I can say is Weishenmi! So now I have decided I will try to learn that too… apparently it is a lot like Cantonese and fujianese so Ah! What could it hurt?! Diu bu diu (dui bu dui). So we have been looking for an antenna for the TV and.. we finally found one. So now we have TV which is really bad b/c now I have the option of staying home and watching TV all day. >.< style=""> It’s so funny… we’ll be walking down the street and aili walks so slow Joy just keeps walking and Aili is just tip toeing down the street. When that dog barked at her … she ran so fast time stopped. >.<;. Oh yeah and let’s talk about today we are walking down the street and Aili again did not listen to her mom and ran ahead and a scooter was coming and aili freaked out and just froze and the scooter was coming right towards her. I was like>O<… but she was ok. Today was like super hot … I think the hottest its been… but it will only get hotter I hear. Well except Monday… its supposed to get cooler… yah weather is wack! No… I have not gotten sick there were a couple of close calls though like the day I got soaked, but I came home and dried off. We had lunch with a whole bunch of Joy’s friends, one the sister’s brothers was in town so he ate with us, he lives in Holland. This brother spoke English so I got to talk a lot YAY! He learned English in the UK so there was a heavy UK/Holland/Chinese accent. Anyways he is in a Chinese congregation of 30 people with 1/3 Chinese speakers… close to our situation in Raleigh. Ok so moving on… I’m sorry but it is still difficult for me to eat pig intestines… so chewy and, they aren’t that bad when they are covered with fried seasonings and stuff… but still chewy. So after lunch we went over to a sister’s house and had fruit and tea. Her house was so pretty … it was like stepping into an old timey movie. So after that Holland brother (don’t remember name) Joy, Aili, and I went to Taibei 101, but just to the mall part, that’s the most foreigner s I’ve seen yet. (Which reminds me, the other night we were at this other mall and we were walking out and I saw these two waiguoren come out of a taxi and I like to look at them and figure out where they are from… so the guy looked at me and is like … do you speak English… and I was like yeah and he asked where the food court was and I said down stairs. WOO HOO! I gave my first directions in Taiwan!!) Back to the story… so we didn’t stay at 101 too long, so we left and went to some famous bookstore that I need to go back to. While we were exiting 101 there were all these tourist groups and the tour guide would point up and say something and the entire group would look up and go ahhhhhh! In amazement. So we went to the bookstore… ate some dou4hua1. It was a lot… couldn’t finish. Afterwards we got on the bus and went home, as soon as we arrived after being stuck in traffic we ran and changed for meeting. Went to Nanqu congregation meeting. It was nice, I met this sister who is from California who knows a sister in California who is from NC… Erin I think it might be that one sister you were talking about… what was her name? And I commented too… well actually I just read one of the questions on paragraph 2. The friends were so cool… there are a couple of Japanese sister there and 3 Americans… and a bro from California I think he might be ABC I dunno. After the meeting we went to eat at this place across the street, and there was another drunk guy he came by our table and knocked over my drink… so he was like I Sorry I Sorry! And ordered us some shrimp. Ok so that is all for now. ZAIJIAN!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comment:
cool! Ta jiao Kathleen. Miss you!
Post a Comment